My client, a housing association based in the Merseyside area are looking to recruit an Interim Finance Project Manager to support the Finance Director through a process reengineering and systems upgrade/implementation project.
The Finance Projects Managers main job is to take ownership and control of the Finance systems and Process project. Partnering closely with the finance team you will liaise with all business stakeholders to ensure requirements are fully understood, and these are delivered in line with BAU operation or longer-term project activity.
You will work with colleagues in the Finance team to scope out the needs for the new systems and processes of a modern housing association and ensure as smooth a project delivery through to implementation of the new system.
• Project manage the implementation of approved new financial software and changes / upgrades to existing software. Work alongside the finance and wider business team to design and deliver a forward-thinking system functionality.
• Understand your business stakeholders’ needs. Help ensure that business process requirements and transformational impact are appropriately documented, prioritised and managed through the adoption of appropriate methodologies.
• Map out ‘as is’, ‘what if’ and ‘to be’ and ensure there is a robust gap analysis in place.
• Overhaul the chart of accounts in line with the new systems design and functionality, reducing the existing complex coding system. Ensure that any changes are reflected in the reporting hierarchies of all affected systems across the organisation.
• Documentation the new business processes (current and future), data mapping and other detailed deliverables as the project progresses, adapting as required.
• Maintain effective working relationships with the financial software suppliers to maximise benefits and value for money to the business.
• Act as the lead Finance team interface with IT colleagues for all significant financial systems issues and enhancement requests.
• Mentor and coach members of the team as part of the transition to the new system and processes, and actively contribute to the wider work of the Finance team.
From a technical perspective, you will be an Accountant by background who has moved into a more project or systems delivery role, with strong project leadership experience. You will have experience of setting up a new chart of account, business process re-engineering and project management of a finance systems implementation or upgrade.
From a project management perspective, you’ll be someone who can communicate complex technical issues and solutions to an audience with a wide range of technical abilities. You will be flexible in your approach, including providing cover for other members of the team if required.
You love to make things happen and get excited about identifying and delivering simple solutions to complex problems and takes ownership of projects to ensure the delivery within timescales against key milestones.