Based in Manchester, this well-established Social Housing Provider are recruiting a experienced Qualified Finance Business Partner. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the job holder is responsible for the production of the full management accounts, including budgeting and forecasting for the Asset and Development team..
The jobs core purpose is to provide pro-active financial support and advice to budget holders based on a sound understanding of the relevant business area. Key to the job is the relationship with budget holders, and is very much customer facing, providing the link between the Finance team and the operational side of the business.
This will include:
• Responsible for the provision of financial support and advice to the relevant business area and to translate complex financial information and advice into easy to understand language, and to understand the key drivers for income and expenditure creating a deeper understanding of the organisation’s cost base
• You will be responsible for the preparation of annual budgets and for collating and summarising overall budgets for the relevant business area for review and input into the Business Plan model
• Responsible for preparation of timely management accounts for the relevant business area. This will include review control account reconciliations including the monthly payroll reconciliations and maintain service charge budgets, monitoring actual spend and reforecasting for service contracts in conjunction with operational budget holders.
• You will undertake monthly meetings with budget holders for the relevant business area to discuss their management accounts and provide insight to enable operational decision making.
• Attend and contribute to operational management team meetings when needed by budget holders. Tailor finance reports to the needs of your customers in the business and to provide a flexible, responsive service.
• You will help budget holders develop business intelligence including KPI’s and assist with problem solving. Develop and monitor detailed savings plans in conjunction with budget holders to mitigate future risk, and document and assist with the calculation of Value for Money savings
In addition, the job holder will assist in the completion of the Statutory Accounts and when required, deputise for other finance colleagues in a collaborative way.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced management accountant with a natural customer focus and communication style. You will have experience of liaising with budget holders at all levels across an organisation. You will be a fully Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA, with excellent communication and business partnering skills.
If you are interested in this job and wish to find out, more please contact Claire Bayman on 07968 025239 for an initial discussion or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org