My client, a North Lancashire based Not for Profit organisation are looking for an interim Head of finance Manager to support them during a transition period.
The core role of the Head of Finance during this interim period is to ensure the delivery of the year end, alongside the normal monthly cycle of management accounts and month end reporting. As Head of Finance, you will lead, manage and develop the Finance Team to ensure the continuing provision of a quality finance service across the organisation, and the delivery of organisational objectives derived from the Financial Plan, Budgets and Operational Plan
Core job responsibilities:
• Day to day management of the finance function, and the provision of financial & management accounting advice and support to budget holders, managers and EMT
• Oversee the preparation of Final Accounts, co-ordinate the year end audit and liaise with external auditors. To ensure the preparation and submission of financial returns to HMRC and other relevant parties/regulators.
• Lead the management of treasury activities by monitoring cashflow forecasts and loan covenants and providing treasury monitoring information to Board.
• Produce quarterly funders reports, including the monitoring of financial covenants and oversee the preparation and submission of VAT returns maximising any VAT recovery.
• Monitor and report on financial risk in relation to existing and potential new areas of activity.
• Monitor and ensure that all Finance Operational Plan actions and service level agreements (SLA) with other teams are achieved and services provided within agreed standards. This includes assisting in the identification of performance and other operational targets relating to the finance service.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure issues and shortfalls are addressed leading to effective service delivery and compliance with regulatory requirements.
You will be a fully qualified accountant with experience of running the year end close, statutory accounts production and audit liaison. You must have experience gained in a medium sized Not for Profit environment (e.g. Housing Charity Education)
You will be an experience team manager with excellent organisation and communication skills and be available for an immediate / near immediate start in the North Lancashire area.
This is envisaged to be approximately 6 months, possible a little longer. If you are interested in finding out more about this job, please email your cv as an immediate application or call Claire Bayman on 07968025239.