I am partnering with a successful, ambitious, diverse and forward looking housing organisation with strong values and learning culture. Passionate about delivering excellent customer service, they are currently recruiting for 2 key finance leadership roles within their Senior Management Team.
With a portfolio of over 3,000 homes and plans to build over 300 new homes over the next few years, alongside their ethical and social ethos, they are an employer of choice in the region.
They are looking to appoint a Head of Finance to effectively lead, manage and develop the Finance Team. Ensure the provision of a quality finance service across the organisation, and the delivery of organisational objectives.
The Head of Finance will be directly accountable to the Director of Corporate Services and have day to day management of the finance function. They are responsible for the provision of financial advice and support to budget holders, managers, Executive Management Team (EMT) and Board members.
This job will involve:
• Financial and Management Accounting, including ongoing development of the reporting systems to ensure these meet the ongoing needs of the business and maintain the integrity of financial information systems.
• Co-ordinate the preparation, monitoring and control of annual budgets including forecasts for the future years for input to the 30-year business plan, and to provide effective budgetary control.
• Monitor and report on financial risk and oversee day to day banking arrangements and management of cash balances, with the provision of weekly and monthly cashflow forecasts.
• Oversee the preparation of Final Accounts, co-ordinate the year end audit and liaise with external auditors and ensure the preparation and submission of all financial returns.
• Oversee the preparation and submission of VAT returns, ensuring maximisation of recovery.
• Produce quarterly funders reports, monitor and provide financial information to relevant parties.
This is not an exhaustive list and the Head of Finance will be proactively involved in the ongoing review and improvement of procedures to maximise the efficiency of the finance function and contribute to the achievement of the organisation’s overall objectives. The Head of Finance will, in addition, provide cover for the Director of Corporate Services (finance functions) when required.
This is a superb opportunity for a technical and commercial Qualified Accountant to be part of the SMT and have a great deal of high-level exposure and interaction with the EMT and Board, with the ability to impact and contribute to the organisations wider vision and customer focussed culture.
The role requires a professionally qualified accountant (or equivalent) with excellent leadership skills and a demonstrable track record in delivering financial information whilst always looking to improve and transform the way finance and the business works for the future.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a future facing housing association with a positive and ethical outlook. If this role is of interest to you and you have the experience to match, please do not hesitate to contact me on 07968025239 or email your cv in application.