I am partnering with a successful, ambitious, diverse and forward looking housing organisation with strong values and learning culture. Passionate about delivering excellent customer service, they are currently recruiting for 2 key finance leadership roles within their Senior Management Team.
With a portfolio of over 3,000 homes and plans to build over 300 new homes over the next few years, alongside their ethical and social ethos, they are an employer of choice in the region.
They are recruiting for a newly created position of Finance Manager, whose job is responsible for delivering a range of financial services to support the organisation, but with a focus on the provision of financial support and guidance to the development team to enable the delivery of the development programmes in line with Business Strategy.
The Finance Manager will manage a small team of finance officers who provide the transactional support the core business of Rents & Asset Management.
The job holder will proactively manage delivery of the development programmes, whilst minimising risk and ensuring compliance with financial regulations. You will manage the fixed assets and capital budget alongside monitoring the treasury strategy,
This job will involve:
• Support the development team from the initial financial appraisal of the capital investment to practical completion of the finished property.
• Working closely with the Development Team to provide accurate and timely information including costs to date, expected costs and cashflows and variances from budget together with appropriate explanations.
• Ensure complete and accurate management and statutory accounting information is recorded, maintained and reported to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and to facilitate decision making.
• Lead the management of treasury activities by monitoring cashflow forecasts and loan covenants and providing treasury monitoring information to Board
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• To maintain fixed Asset Register, calculate monthly depreciation charges and post depreciation and keep up to date the Asset & Liabilities Register.
• Lead the preparation and submission of the quarterly and annual returns to the regulator and funders and assist in the annual external audit process, feeding into the statutory account’s preparation.
This is not an exhaustive list and the Finance Manager will also be proactively involved in the ongoing review and development of the finance systems and procedures alongside other key members of the finance team and the Head of Finance.
Exposure is guaranteed to a high level by the involvement in preparation and presenting of key reports for the Executive Management Team and the Board, so the role requires A professionally qualified accountant (or equivalent) with excellent technical financial accounting skills.
Experience of managing and mentoring a team and a demonstrable track record in delivering financial information in an understandable format to non-finance team members.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a future facing housing association with a positive and ethical outlook. If this role is of interest to you and you have the experience to match, please do not hesitate to contact me on 07968025239 or email your cv in application.